Call for Abstracts are open6 August 2018
Authors are invited to submit an abstract for SDIMI 2019.
The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM) and the Australian Centre for Sustainable Mining Practices (ACSMP) at the University of NSW will jointly host the 9th International Conference on Sustainable Development in the Minerals Industry (SDIMI 2019).
- Connecting (critical) raw materials with future societal demands
- Integrating social license into the overall value chain
- Intersection of social license and its contribution to sustainability and sustainable mining practices (i.e. worldview, policy, ethics etc.)
- Understanding social licence complexities
- Sustainable mining through Indigenous collaboration
- Utilising minerals economics to deliver sustainable outcomes
- The role of corporate social responsibility in sustainable mining practices
- The role of technology in enhancing sustainability outcomes
- Effective conflict resolution techniques and strategies
- Social License in action; Australian and international case studies.
The committee welcomes collaborative works and urges young professionals to make submissions and participate in the extensive and technical networking opportunities this conference has to offer.
How to Submit?
Submit an abstract not exceeding 300 words by 3 September 2018.
Click here to find out more information on submission guidelines and selection criteria.