About the conference
AusIMM, the Australian Centre for Sustainable Mining Practices (ACSMP) and the University of NSW will jointly host the 9th international conference on Sustainable Development in the Minerals Industry (SDIMI) 2019.
The conference will bring together practitioners, researchers, regulators and civil society to discuss sustainable development in the minerals industry and how the latest in technology innovation in mining and minerals processing are contributing towards sustainable mining.
Delegates will come away from the conference with a greater understanding on how Social Licence (SL) is viewed in todays’ global jurisdictions and why diluted approaches to SL are causing this concept to lose impact within industry.
Presentations from key industry experts will discuss how we can develop a new working paradigm for SL and share new approaches to improving global practice in Sustainable Development.
- Connecting (critical) raw materials with future societal demands
- Integrating social license into the overall value chain
- Intersection of social license and its contribution to sustainability and sustainable mining practices (i.e. worldview, policy, ethics etc.)
- Understanding social licence complexities
- Sustainable mining through Indigenous collaboration
- Utilising minerals economics to deliver sustainable outcomes
- The role of corporate social responsibility in sustainable mining practices
- The role of technology in enhancing sustainability outcomes
- Effective conflict resolution techniques and strategies
- Social License in action; Australian and international case studies
All AusIMM conferences feature
Your chance to engage with industry peers and international companies.
Presentations by leading industry figures with opportunities to interact.
A truly global gathering of resource industry professionals.
Attend world-class workshops and technical talks to earn PD hours.